Skip to content
- 4 tbsps olive oil
- one 4 pounds sugar pie pumpkin
- 1 large yellow chopped onion
- 4 large garlic cloves, pressed or minced
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- ⅛ tsp cloves
- tiny dash of cayenne pepper (optional)
- freshly ground black pepper
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- ½ cup full fat coconut milk or heavy cream
- 2 tbsps maple syrup or honey
- ¼ cup green pumpkin seeds
- Preheat oven to 425°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper for easy cleanup. Carefully cut the pumpkin in half and scoop out the seeds.
- Cut each pumpkin in half to make quarters. Brush 1 tbsp olive oil on the squash flesh, then place the quarters cut side down on a baking sheet. Roast for 35 minutes or longer, until the orange flesh is easily pierced with a fork. Set it aside for a few minutes to cool down.
- Heat remaining 3 tbsps olive oil in your SENSARTE Nonstick Deep Frying Skillet over medium heat. Once the oil starts to shimmer, add onion, garlic and salt to the pan. Stir to combine. Cook, stirring occasionally, until onion is translucent, about 8 to 10 minutes. Meanwhile, peel and discard the skin from pumpkin.
- Add pumpkin flesh, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, cayenne pepper and a few dollops of freshly ground black pepper. Use your mixing spoon to mash up the squash a little. Pour in the broth. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for about 15 minutes to allow time for the flavors to meld.
- While the soup is simmering, roast pumpkin seeds in SENSARTE Nonstick Sauce Pan over medium-low heat, stirring frequently, until fragrant, golden and lightly popping. You want them to be toasted but not burnt. Transfer the pumpkin seeds to a bowl to cool down.
- Once the pumpkin mixture is cooked, add coconut milk and maple syrup. Remove soup from heat and let it cool slightly. Get your stand mixer and pour the contents to the mixing bowl, blend to combine incorporated until smooth. Transfer puree to a bowl and repeat with remaining batches.
- Taste and adjust if necessary. Ladle the soup into individual bowls. Sprinkle pumpkin seeds over the soup and serve. Enjoy!
Not enough items available. Only [max] left.Add to WishlistBrowse WishlistRemove Wishlist