- 2 ½ pounds Brussels sprouts, trimmed
- 4 slices bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 4 sprigs thyme or savory, plus 2 tsps leaves, divided
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- freshly ground pepper
- 2 tsps lemon juice
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. If the sprouts are small, cut in half; otherwise, cut into quarters. Cook sprouts until barely tender, 3 to 5 minutes. Darin the water.
- Meanwhile, cook the bacon in SENSARTE Nonstick Skillet over medium heat, stirring constantly, 3 to 6 minutes, until browned but not crisp. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on a paper towel. Pour out all but about 1 tbsp bacon fat from the pan.
- Add oil to the pan and heat over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring frequently, until soft but not browned, reducing heat if necessary, about 4 minutes. Add thyme (or savory) sprigs, salt, and pepper. Increase the heat to medium-high, add the Brussels sprouts, and sauté or stir occasionally until tender and warm, about 3 minutes. Remove the herb sprigs. Add the bacon, thyme (or savory) leaves, and lemon juice, and combine well. Serve and enjoy!